Fashion is always a season ahead just like the automobile industry; except we are making bank. Just when it starts snowing and you are ready for your coat and gloves, the designers and fashion world are talking about next spring 2012 trends and styles. Crazy I know! However I am excited, just like they are, so here is what you are too expect next spring. The only difference between the Trends I am going to tell you, are these will actually be worn, I love Haute Couture, but it’ll never be mainstream. I mean I know deep sea theme is in but only Lady Gaga will be wearing it. Love her!
1. high-waisted shorts are in!
2. tummy shirts – made an appearance last spring but this will be the year every girl will be wearing them. The year they’ll become main stream, if you will.
2.5 We’ll be seeing these together a lot. Just look at Rihanna’s new video “We Found Love”. Trust this look will be big.
3. color blocking – Putting solid colors together. This is easier to show than explain. See below. Now when color blocking choose colors that compliment each other. No patterns! Only solids please.
4. flower patterns – self-explanatory I feel.
5. abstract theory – All those beautiful paintings from Pollock, De Kooning, Albers, Gorky, etc. Apply these abstract paintings/patterns to your clothes. Look below…beautiful.
Those 6 in my opinion will be the biggest trends in Spring 2012 Fashion, Clothes-wise. Those are the 6 trends I think will flawlessly evolve into women’s closets.